HomeFriends Relationship QuestionsHow can I advise a friend with a family problem?
Rila Thomas Staff asked 5 months ago
This friend of mine has an issue with her family and she wants to move out... Personally, I think she should stay and try to work things out, but I don't want to force my opinion on her.
1 Answers
Roy Murray answered 5 months ago
It sounds like you're really struggling with what to do here. On one hand, you want to support your friend, but on the other hand, you don't want to overstep your bounds. Ultimately, it's up to your friend what she wants to do, but you could try offering some gentle advice. Perhaps you could suggest that she talk to her family about her problems and see if they can work things out together. Or, if she really feels like she needs to leave, you could offer to help her look for a new place to live. Whatever you do, just be supportive and understanding - she'll appreciate it no matter what decision she makes.